Goshen Banner
District Contact Information

Daniel T. Connor

227 Main Street
Goshen, NY 10924
(845) 615-6720

Central School District

Student Registration

Summer registration will be held from 12-3 p.m. Monday through Friday by appointment only. Please e-mail to schedule an appointment.

Registration know-hows

  • The parent/legal guardian must be present at the time of registration and must provide a valid photo ID (driver’s license).

  • Registration generally takes about 30 to 45 minutes for each student.

  • Bus Transportation will be arranged on the day of registration.

  • Students in grades K-2 will be screened and enter school as soon as possible. Grades 3-5 will be admitted into school after records are reviewed and tours will be arranged as needed. Grades 6 -8 will be contacted by the Middle School guidance office for an appointment to get their schedule and date to start school. For grades 9 -12, the registrar will confirm an appointment at the high school guidance office to review the grades/transcripts with the student and parent/guardian for accurate placement. No students will be admitted into school until all documents are in order and presented at registration.

Kindergarten Registration

  • Students must be five years old on or before December 1 to start school in September of that year. There will be no exceptions.

  • Registration and screening for kindergarten students takes place at the Elementary School the spring before the child will attend. Appointments for eligible students are scheduled and parents contacted by mail a few weeks prior to registration. Please contact the registration office to have your child’s name added to the mailing list.

Foster Students

  • Parent/Guardians must submit the DSS-2999 form at registration.

Necessary documents

The following documents are required to register a student into the Goshen Central School District: 1) proof of residency; 2) child's birth certificate; 3) health records; 4) school records; 5) custody documents (if necessary); 6) parent driver's license.

1. Proof of Residency

All new students entering the Goshen Central School District must provide the proper documentation to establish residency. The documents provided must always state the student’s physical address (that is, where the student rests his or her head each night.) A post office box is never an acceptable address for the purpose of determining residency. Forms of Residency are a utility bill, medical bill, auto insurance card, cable bill, bank statement, credit card bill, or post office verification card.

Please carefully read the section below that pertains to your situation to determine what documents are required:

  • IF YOU ARE A HOMEOWNER, you must supply a mortgage or deed.
    *If you have just recently closed on a new home, please provide (1) your Settlement/Closing Statement or the Certificate of Occupancy or Deed, and/or (2) a homeowner’s insurance policy or utility hook-up receipt.
    *If you are in the process of buying a house, the contract signed by buyer and seller is acceptable until you receive a utility bill, required within 30 days.

  • IF YOU ARE A RENTER, you must supply (1) your signed lease agreement with the term listed. A current cable, electric or fuel delivery bill, or utility hook-up receipt is also required within 30 days.

  • IF YOU RENT WITHOUT A LEASE, (on a month to month basis) the following must be provided: (1) a notarized letter from the landlord (2) A current cable, electric or fuel delivery bill, or utility hook-up receipt is requested within 30 days. Landlord Affidavit (PDF)

  • IF YOU LIVE WITH A DISTRICT RESIDENT, (ex: parent, grandparent, friend) and do not pay rent, you must complete a signed and notarized affidavit. The affidavit must be completed as follows: The first is to be signed by the parent or legal guardian registering the student. The second is to be signed/notarized by the person you will be living with who must also provide an additional proof of address such as a current cable, electric or fuel delivery bill, or utility hook-up receipt. Living with Others (PDF)

  • IF YOU MOVE - When a currently enrolled student has a change of address or transfers within the school district, a new proof of residency should be submitted to assure that mail reaches the parent/guardian at the proper address. (See Change of address)

You may also submit any other relevant evidence you wish to, including but not limited to the following types of documentation:

  • pay stub;

  • income tax form;

  • utility or other bills;

  • membership documents (e.g., library cards) based upon residency;

  • voter registration document(s);

  • official driver's license, learner's permit or non-driver identification;

  • state or other government issued identification;

  • documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office or Refugee Resettlement); or

  • evidence of custody of the child in question, including but not limited to judicial custody or order or guardianship documentation.

2. Birth Certificate

You must provide your child’s original birth certificate with a raised seal for students entering kindergarten. A copy is sufficient for all other grades.

If you do not have an original birth certificate, we will accept your child’s original baptismal certificate with a raised seal or a valid passport.

If you do not have either of these types of documents, please provide your child's passport, regardless of the issuing nation. In the absence of any of the aforementioned, you may provide any other documentation that has been in existence for more than two years that could be used to establish your child's age. For example:

  • official driver's license;

  • state or other government issued identification;

  • school photo identification with date of birth;

  • consulate identification cards;

  • hospital or health records;

  • documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office or Refugee Resettlement);
  • court orders or other court-issued documents;

3. Health Records - Immunizations

NYS Law requires physicals for children in grades K, 2, 4, 7, 10 and new students. Sports participants physicals are needed for those in grades 7 to 12.

An immunization record must be provided at registration. This must be signed or stamped by a licensed health care provider.

A physical exam is required for all new students. School Health Form (PDF)

A dental certificate is optional. If your child has been seen by your family dentist, or is currently under treatment, please have him fill out the Annual Dental Exam Form. dental form (PDF)

If you need a Request for Religious Exemption to Immunization Form, please contact the Registrar at (845) 615-6767.

4. School Records

Transcript (Required of all high school students; report card recommended for all other grade levels.)

Students with a disability - If your child is classified with a disability, if possible, please submit any supporting documents and reports from the previous district.

5. Custody

If you are not the natural parent but have legal guardianship of the student, please provide us with the appropriate documents.

If the ‘other parent’ has physical/primary custody, the secondary parent can not register this student without revised court papers indicating that person now has either joint custody or physical custody.

If there are any other special circumstances such as name change, please bring those documents with you also.

6. Parents Driver’s License

Change of address

Effective March 1, 2013 - When an enrolled student has a change of address within the school district, his or her residency must be verified with the District Registrar. You can no longer call the schools or the bus garage to request an address change.

Please note that all school mail will be sent to the previous address and bus transportation WILL NOT be arranged until proper proof of residency is submitted to the Registrar. There are NO exceptions. Once the address change is verified with the Registrar, the Transportation Department will contact the parent with the new bus route.

You will be asked to submit the following documents:

1. Two new proofs of residency from the following:

  • Driver’s license – must have new address

  • Electric bill

  • Bank statement

  • Auto insurance card/letter

  • Cable or Direct TV bill

  • Closing statement

  • Official postal address change

  • Lease – acceptable only if you live at a complex; a lease is not accepted from a landlord who owns the house.

2. Address Change Form with Landlord Affadavit and Student Residency Questionnaire


More Information

Mary Ellen DeVito
227 Main Street
Goshen, NY 10924
(845) 615-6767
Fax: (845) 615-6768
Email: registrar@gcsny.org

Summer registration will be held from 12-3 p.m. Monday through Friday by appointment only. Please e-mail to schedule an appointment.

Where do I register?

All registrations, grades K-12, take place at 227 Main Street, Goshen, located on the corner of Main and Erie Streets in the village of Goshen (next to the Government Center). Please call Registrar Mary Ellen DeVito for an appointment to register your child.

Directions to Registration office

Important forms

Forms are in PDF format

Address Change Forms

Affidavit for custodial parents

Affidavit for parents who surrendered legal custody

Affidavit for emancipation

Farm Work Eligibility form for additional educational services

Farm Work Eligibility form for additional educational services - Espanol

School Health Form

Home Language Questionnaire

Home Language Form - Espanol

Internet Use Authorization
for K-5

Internet Use Authorization
for 6-12

Kindergarten Registration Form

Landlord Affidavit

Living with Others

Registration form

Request for Records

Residency Questionnaire

Residency Questionnaire - Espanol

Screening and/or Scheduling Permission Form

Student Racial and Ethnic Identification